These Rules (the “Rules”) apply to the Couch to Soap Box Derby event taking place on 01/08/2021-05/09/2021 (the “Event”) and by registering for the Event, you agree to comply with them and confirm that you satisfy any age requirements set out below.
The Event is organised by Duxford Soap Box Derby Committee (“we”, “us”, “our” and the “Committee”) on behalf of Cancer Research UK Trading Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, registered office: 2 Redman Place, London E20 1JQ, registered company number: 4355631). Cancer Research UK Trading Limited gift aids its taxable profits to Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666), the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247). ‘Cancer Research UK’ and ‘Cancer Research UK Trading Limited’ are together (“CRUK”).
Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend these Rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters.
- You must be aged 4 to take part in the Event
- If you are under the age of 18, you must have the permission of your parent or legal guardian before registering to take part in the Event.
- If you are under the age of 16, you must be accompanied for the duration of the Event by your parent or legal guardian (or by an over 18-year-old who has the permission of your parent or legal guardian).
- You are only eligible to take part in the Event if you have paid the entry fee
- Entry fees are non-refundable unless we change the Event time and/or date in a material way and you are no longer able to take part, or if we cancel the Event
- You must run, jog or walk one of the pre-determined routes as stated on the Event page (scooters and similar equipment are excluded)
- Your runs must be recorded via our form. Failure to record a run means it will not be counted
- All times submitted must be truthful. Failure to do so will result in removal from the Event
- You may record mutliple runs per day
- A prize (a pair of Aftershokz Air headphones) will be given to the person who completes the adult lap the most number of times as recorded on our website
- A prize (£15 Amazon voucher) will be given to the person who completes the children’s lap the most number of times as recorded on our website. This prize is only open to those aged under 18
- The following will be used as tie breakers in the event of a tie
- Fastest lap of those people who are tied
- Drawing of lots
Changes and Last-Minute Arrangements
- We reserve the right to postpone and/or cancel the Event in our absolute discretion.
General Health and Safety
- You must ensure that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in the Event. Anyone unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Event must seek medical advice from a General Practitioner prior to taking part in the Event. It is not advisable for pregnant women to participate in the Event.
- You should not put yourself at unnecessary risk when undertaking the Event.
- You take part in the activity entirely at your own risk.
- You are responsible for ensuring you wear appropriate attire (including footwear) when taking part in the Event, taking into account the nature of the Event, the weather forecast and the terrain involved.
- You are advised to have the following items with you when undertaking the Event:
- Water bottle and food as required
- Suitable high visibility clothing and footwear (taking into account the weather forecast)
- A mobile phone with full battery
- You must walk/run with care and attention and abide by the UK Highway Code.
When participating in the Event, you must do so safely and in full accordance with all government guidance. Please refer to the latest Government guidance here:
- The Committee and CRUK shall not be liable for any injury or loss to persons or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in the Event other than in respect of any death or personal injury arising out of the Committee’s or CRUK’s negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this clause shall exclude or limit the Committee’s or CRUK’s liability for any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
Use of Personal Data
- The personal data you provide to the Committee and/or CRUK when you register for the Event will be used for the purposes of organising, staging and administering the Event including sending you your fundraising pack, if applicable. The Committee and/or CRUK may also contact you to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress.
- Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed when registering for the Event that you would like to receive further information about CRUK’s work.
- If you provide personal data on behalf of additional entrants, please only provide this if they have confirmed that they are happy for you to do so as we will use this information for the same purposes.
- All personal data held by CRUK will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and CRUK’s Privacy Statement which can be found at www.cruk.org/privacy.
- By providing CRUK or the Committee with any content (e.g. photos and/or videos) (“Content”), you consent to CRUK using, reproducing and modifying that Content for the purpose of publicising the Event and for commercial and/or fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material, merchandise, social media, personalised direct mail, social media and other documents that may be made available to the public. You, on behalf of yourself and any copyright owner, waive your and their moral rights in the Content in favour of CRUK.
- If you post any content (e.g. photos and/or videos) on any social media site, you agree to comply with the site’s own terms and conditions.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
- Any monies raised in connection with the Event are held on trust for Cancer Research UK and must be passed to Cancer Research UK. We ask that you do this as soon as possible after the Event. Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected automatically. You can:
- Pay in your sponsorship money online on the event Cancer Research UK Online Giving page
- Please ensure that all donation and/or sponsorship forms are filled out in full and are returned to us to enable Gift Aid to be claimed where possible.
- You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the Event are paid to CRUK.